1. Who is Fifi Mason? Fifi Mason is an personal brand strategist and visibility coach, who provides coaching and consulting to business owners.
2. Commitment to your privacy I am committed to keeping the personal details of all customers safe. This policy explains how and why your personal data is used, to ensure that you remain informed and in control of your information. Three key definitions to describe people are mentioned in this policy. These are definitions used by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights (www.ico.org.uk). ‘Data subject’: this is you, a customer. As the data subject, Fifi Mason respects your right to control your data.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm GMT/ BST.
3. Why collect your personal data? Fifi Mason uses your personal data to keep in touch with you. I will only ever collect, store and use your personal data when I have an identified purpose and reason to do so. The ICO refers to this as a ‘lawful basis’. Further information about why I collect your personal data is outlined below.
3.1 Prospective Client or Client I collect your personal data contact you in regards to services you have requested, this may include: Setting up virtual meeting
Sending you details and quotes about services
Sending you invoices or receipts The ICO define the lawful basis for processing your data for these purposes as ‘contractual’.
3.2 To keep in touch after initial enquiry or service Unless I hear from you directly, I will continue to keep in touch for up to 13 months to keep you up to date on relevant information. As defined by the ICO, I use two different lawful bases for processing your data for ‘direct marketing’ purposes:
3.2.1 LEGITIMATE INTEREST This is where I have identified a genuine and legitimate reason for contacting you, which crucially does not override your rights or interests. I use legitimate interest to send you the information by post or telephone.
3.2.2 OPT-IN CONSENT This is where you have given me express permission to contact you by particular communication channels.
I use opt-in consent to send you the information listed above by email using MailChimp. I respect your right to update the way we get in touch with you about our work at any time.
4. What kind of personal data do I collect? How do I collect it?
4.1 Basic information Fifi Mason will usually collect basic information about you, including your name, postal address, telephone number and email address. Most of the time, I collect this data from you directly. Sometimes this is in person; other times, it is over the telephone, in writing or through an email. Occasionally I obtain information, such as your telephone number or other contact details, from external sources (e.g. a friend, but only where you have given permission for such information to be shared).
4.2 Getting to know you better I also collect information about you that helps us to get to know you better. This may include: Information about your interests, this helps me to personalise your event more effectively.
Records of previous events with you.
Your preferences of how you would like us to contact you. Sometimes I will collect other information about you such as your date of birth and gender. When I do so, I will be very clear as to why I am collecting such information, and I will only do so with your specific consent and permission. Other ways in which I collect personal data to get to know you better include:
4.3 Fifi Mason’s website The website uses ‘cookies’ to help provide you with the best experience I can. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites. Cookies help me: Make the website work as you’d expect.
Remember your settings during and between visits.
Improve the speed/security of the site.
Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
Continuously improve the website for you.
4.4 Sensitive personal data I do not collect or store sensitive personal data (such as information relating to health, beliefs or political affiliation) about supporters and members.
5. How do I store your data?
5.1 Security All of the personal data I process is processed in the UK. Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and I control who has access to information (using both physical and electronic means).
5.2 Data retention policy I will only use and store information for as long as it required for the purposes it was collected for. I continually review what information I hold and delete what is no longer required.
6. Your rights I respect your right to control your data. Your rights include: The right to be informed: This privacy notice outlines how I capture, store and use your data. If you have any questions about any elements of this policy, please contact us. The right of access: If you wish to obtain a record of the personal data I hold about you, email email@example.com and I will respond within one month. The right to rectification: If I have captured information about you that is inaccurate or incomplete, I will update it. The right to erase: You can ask me to remove or randomise your personal details from the records. The right to restrict processing: You can ask me to stop using your personal data. The right to data portability: You can ask to obtain your personal data from me for your own purposes. The right to object: You can ask to be excluded from marketing activity. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: I respect your right not to be subject to a decision that is based on automated processing. For more information on your individual rights, please see the Information Commissioner’s Office.
7. Making a complaint I want to exceed your expectation in everything I do. However, I know that there may be times when I do not meet my own high standards. When this happens, I want to hear about it, in order to deal with the situation as quickly as possible and put measures in place to stop it happening again. I take complaints very seriously and I treat them as an opportunity to develop my approach. This is why I am always very grateful to hear from people who are willing to take the time to help me improve.
7.1 Confidentiality All complaint information will be handled sensitively, in line with relevant data protection requirements.
7.2 Responsibility Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with Fifi Mason. 7.3 Information Commissioner’s Office For further assistance with complaints regarding your data, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose remit covers the UK. Information Commissioner’s Office
SK9 5AF Telephone: 0303 123 1113
8. Leaving this website Fifi Mason is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other websites linked to our website. If you have followed a link from this website to another website you may be supplying information to a third party.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm GMT/ BST. I update this policy periodically. Last updated: August 2020